How to start audio books recording?
Some people think that recording scientific literature is much easier
than fiction because it does not imply artistic reading: creating
images of various characters, using different intonations, etc.
Scientific literature is based on stating historical facts, scientific
opinions, which seems much easier than dramatization or getting the
feel of the role. Accordingly, recording voice-talents will not be so
labor-consuming. In fact, it is not so.
- Try to read the text as if you are telling it to some concrete person, not just to a microphone (it is especially important for scientific literature).
- Avoid improvisations.
- Do not resort to word contractions as they will be considered as mistakes by the publisher who will require corrections.
- Do not consider voicing scientific texts an easier task compared to voicing fiction.
- Mind the end of the audiobook while you are still reading the beginning.
- If you have made a mistake, go back and start from the last correct part.
- Mind that your nervousness prevents relaxation and correct sounding.
- Do not make your voice too emotional as in this way you deny your listeners the right to their own experiences.
- Your performance should sound as if you have just learned this story. It is believed that reading should be rather unhurried.
Instinctively your reading is slower than the usual rate of speech. In this way you provide listeners with more time to appreciate and remember the story. Besides, if you get paid hourly you will earn more money!